Our friends at M&M’s have a very cute craft idea using some of our favorite things… candy! If you’re looking for a fun activity for the kids, check out these Witch Caps. And don’t forget to take some pictures of your sweet creations. We’d love to hear from you.
- 1 cup M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies for Halloween (orange and black)
- 16 pieces STARBURST® Fruit Chews FUN SIZE®, optional
- 1 cup prepared chocolate frosting
- 8 (3 1/2-inch) packaged chocolate cookies
- 8 chocolate ice cream cones
- Candy corn or licorice laces, optional
- 1. Cover the cookies with chocolate frosting and place one chocolate ice cream cone on top of each one. Frost the cones and arrange M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies in random patterns.
- 2. To make the brim of the cap as shown: sort STARBURST® Fruit Chews by color, making sure to have at least two STARBURST® Fruit Chews of the same color. Flatten them slightly, and then snip into thin strips, resembling fringe. Arrange the fringe around the cones for hair. Otherwise, make the cap’s rim with either candy corn, licorice laces or shredded wheat that have been cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces and place them side-by-side around the base of the cone.
- 1. Tip: In a hurry, frost the cones with chocolate frosting and randomly decorate it with a few M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies.
Makes 8 witch caps.