We love chocolate fondue… and we really love this unique way to serve it this Halloween season. Everyday with Rachel Ray featured this unique pumpkin bowl.
For a fondue Halloween dinner party, cut a hole in the top of a pumpkin just large enough to hold the rim of a small bowl; fill the fondue pot with melted chocolate and serve with cubes of pound cake.
While you’re at it, try out Rachel Ray’s Chocolate Fondue recipe:
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Two 12-ounce bags semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Dried apricots, for dipping
- Gala apples, cored and sliced, for dipping
- Pretzel rods, for dipping
- Marshmallows, for dipping
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the cocoa powder with 1/2 cup water and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in the milk and sugar and bring to a simmer. Add the chocolate chips and vanilla and cook, stirring, until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth, about 5 minutes.
2. Serve the fondue warm with the apricots, apples, pretzel rods and marshmallows for dipping.